Events & Training
Cymorth hosts a series of conferences, events and webinars throughout the year, featuring a range of high-quality speakers from Wales, the UK and beyond. These events aim to:
- Provide important updates about policy and legislation
- Stimulate debate about policy and practice
- Share good practice from Wales and across the world
- Feature expert speakers from the sector, government and academia
- Enable Experts by Experience to share their views and experiences
- Showcase our members’ work and impact
Get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org
Member benefit: Cymorth members benefit from a significant discount on tickets for all of our events.
Our upcoming events include:
Sorry, no previous events can be found.
You can access the programmes, presentations and recordings from our previous events below:
Homelessness Symposium 2023
9 November 2023 | Temple of Peace, Cardiff
Housing First Wales Conference
In 2017/18 Cymorth Cymru worked in partnership with the ACE Support Hub and the local authority Housing Networks Project to develop and deliver the PATH Training Programme. Funded by the Welsh Government’s Homelessness Prevention Grant, its overall aim is to prevent homelessness through developing psychologically-informed approaches to meeting people’s housing and support needs. The training is organised and coordinated by Cymorth Cymru and delivered by a team of experienced, high quality practitioners and trainers on behalf of Cymorth. Since 2017, we have delivered the training to over 2,500 people.
Who is the training targeted at?
The training was primarily developed for organisations which support people who are experiencing or at risk of homelessness, and people who receive support to help them to access and maintain a tenancy. This includes:
- Third sector homelessness and housing-related support providers
- Registered social landlords
- Local authority housing options, homelessness and housing support teams
We are currently reviewing the training and hope to deliver more PATH Training in 2023/24.